middle of the year howdy hey

I promise I think about blogging sometimes and remember how I said I was gonna do that more often.

Well it has been... a TIME since I last wrote. And a lot has happened since then. (like I say every frickin time) I don't know how bloggy and writey I feel today, but I am trying to push myself to do something productive.

I have had a busy year, and the end of the year looks just as busy. If you know me, you know I like busy, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing.. but it also means my energy goes to other things beside my blog.
let's do a rundown of my year so far shall we?

January:     Move into new house
                    Visit family and friends in Utah
                     Start working for SeaWorld in Food & Beverage
February:   Quit working for SeaWorld in Food & Beverage lmao
                     Start working for Universal Studios in Harry Potter World at Forbidden Journey
                     Start working for Disney again in DAK at Flight of Passage in Pandora
March:        Desiree comes to visit
April:          My birthday! yay!
May:           Rebecca comes to visit
                    Quit working for Universal Studios in Harry Potter World at Forbidden Journey
                     Start working full time at Flight of Passage
                    Visit Shantae and James in California
June:           Sing in Orlando, FL President Nelson Devotional
                     Kenzie comes to visit
                     Alex comes to visit
July:            Visit family and friends in Utah
                     Start working at Kilimanjaro Safaris again
                     Caden and Adam come to visit

and here's what's to come:
August:        Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Cast Member Preview
                     Connor comes to visit
                     Chris comes to visit
                     Shirrel comes to visit
September: Disneyland
                     Celeste and Jess come to visit?
October:      Shantae and James come to visit
                     Des, Sarah, and Q come to visit
November:  Visit Utah for a certain wedding idk if I can talk about yet
December:   Move back home to Utah


So wow wow wow lotssss of airplane rides (is that what you call it?) and lots of friends visiting Disney World! I feel just packed to the brim with love, but also slightly overwhelmed hahaha. But in the best possible way.
I have also worked a lot of different jobs over the past 6 months!!
1. Walt Disney World Attractions (Kilimanjaro Safaris) CP
2. SeaWorld Food & Bev (Seven Seas Food Festival) PT
3. Universal Studios Attractions (Forbidden Journey in TWWoHP) PT
4. Walt Disney World Attractions (Flight of Passage in Pandora) PT
 * I worked jobs 3 and 4 at the same time and had to fight for days off
5. Walt Disney World Attractions (Flight of Passage in Pandora) FT
6. Walt Disney World Attractions (Kilimanjaro Safaris) PT
 * I transferred back to safaris, but I still have my proficiencies at FOP and pick up there weekly!














When I think back on all of the interviews and training and shift trading and team/cast members I have worked with... it's a lot! Overall I have obviously liked working for Disney the best, but there were good things that came from the others as well. And I am grateful to have had so many cool opportunities and experiences. I would never have guessed this is how my last six months were going to go. At the beginning of the year I was originally just hoping to stay at safaris, but as I have learned many a times: we don't always get what we want. And in this case, the Lord had better plans for me. Crazy plans, but better plans. They're always better. If I had stayed at safaris like I had wanted, I wouldn't have gotten to live out a childhood dream of working in the Hogwarts Castle!! I got to be a Hogwarts student every day and wear wizards robes as my work uniform!! That's an experience I will always be grateful for, even if it was ultimately not the best fit for me.
also just a quick shoutout to my trainers!! you guys made every new, slightly scary experience a positive one!! bless up

I seriously have never done this much traveling in one year before, and I am not even going many places haha. Just Utah to Florida to California to Florida to Utah to Florida to California to Florida to Utah to Florida to Utah..... that is what my year looks like hahahahah
I like traveling, and have learned that I like traveling on my own. More than I thought I would. I've learned I am actually quite the independent person, and prefer a lot of alone time. I go to movies by myself as self care. I definitely recharge on alone time.
I would like to travel so many more places than just the states... and also more of the states! I keep going back to the same ones! I've been to California more times than I can count, but I have never been to the East Coast? Well that will for sure change next year when I visit my babes that call Connecticut and Massachusetts home!!! Stay tuned for that








I usually have some sort of life lesson that goes along with my blog posts. And this looks pretty short for a blog post. But I am just not really sure what else to say?
As of now I am moving home in December, that is what I have been planning on for the past couple of months. In moving home, I will be going back to performing asap, because rip miss that so much. I have been going to Disney auditions like I said I would, and I still think it has been good to have a break and find other parts of me; but performing is what I always come back to. That is what I love. That is where (at least I think so) I shine. And being in Florida and working so much, I have realized that life is too short to not do what makes you happy. Cliche, I know. But why the heck am I holding back on my dream? Why do I think school isn't worth it if I am getting some sort of theatre/acting degree?? It should be even MORE worth it because that is what is driving me and motivating me and what I want to do forever! It just all comes back to me thinking college is a scam lmao and not wanting to spend money on it. But I am not going to limit myself because I may have to take out a loan to go back to school. If going back to school is what feels right, and the next step for me, then that's where I'll go.
Moving home I will also save up some money (hopefully being away from Disney I can stop spending so freaking much), get a new job I love, maybe volunteer at the zoo, and enjoy not melting every time I step outside hahaha.

I am just trying to fake some confidence in what I am doing so it feels like I actually know what I am doing with my life. Because let me tell you... I do not.

It's been kind of a bad week, and kind of a bad couple of weeks, but I am overall so grateful to be where I am. To be living the life I am living. It really is so cool working for Disney and getting to play in the parks whenever I feel like it. It's something I know I am going to miss a lot. And there are so many friends down here I can't even fathom leaving behind, but I am excited to move forward and make new friends and memories in the upcoming year. But until then; I love my cute little house, and I love my roommates, and I love my life! Despite the bad week and depressions that come and go.

Thanks for attending this brief update on my life
Not much else to see here
I am just proud of myself for writing anything!


What's Bringing Me Joy Right Now:
-John Mulaney
-Cody Ko
-seeing my animals on the reserve again! and driving those big dumb trucks
-thinking about performing again
-fresh tims
-Jenna
-Florida rainstorms
-being able to pick up at FOP
-Villains extra magic hours with Natalie
-disposable cameras
-jumping in the pool with friends
-ladies nights and sleepovers
-tarot and oracle cards
-cross stitching (per usual)
















k thanks i luv ya buh-bye

       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love.

2019: Blue Door Babes

A Florida Update. Finally.